WhatsApp is an application that helps in many ways, but it can also become a place where people feel uncomfortable because others can somehow manage their time and For this, the platform has many privacy settings and one of them is to hide the “online”.
This little warning can often become a problem for someone, and some will surely choose to remain a little more covert so that they don’t monitor their access to the application.
Also Read: How to Convert an Audio to Text from WhatsApp
This is how you can remove the online from WhatsApp
The “Online” prompt appears every time you open the app and disappears a few seconds after you close it. Until a few days ago it was not possible to hide that but recently WhatsApp made an update so it’s a matter of days before all users will have it.
The button to remove this information allows you to configure it in two different ways: “Everyone” and “As Last Seen”. For example, selecting “My Contacts” for “Last Seen” and “As Last Seen” for “Online” means non-contacts can’t see when you’re online.
See also: WhatsApp will stop working on these phones as of September 30th
You can do this by following these steps:
- Open the WhatsApp options menu (the three vertical dots on the top right)
- Go to settings
- Press the first, Account, and in it go to Privacy
- The first option is no longer “Last Time” but has changed and there are now two: “Last Time” and “Online”.
- In Last Time you can choose who can see when you were last connected to WhatsApp: Anyone, anyone who has your WhatsApp; My contacts, only those you have in the phone book; My contacts except… so you can choose which contacts you can’t see and which ones: or directly Nobody.
- Under “Online” you can choose who you want to see online when you go to WhatsApp. You can choose to be seen by everyone or use the Same as last time option depending on if you have the above option set.
- As before, the options you choose will be replicated in your contacts. That is, if you choose that no one can see your last hour connected to WhatsApp, or if you are online, you will not be able to see this in your contacts either.